NOTE: Jump to the 50 minute mark for the Photo Stealers discussion
WEEK IN PHOTO:
Not been at DRTV as long as Kai and Lok (since Jan ‘16)
Editing, producing, and directing
Not “jumping off sinking ship”
Can shoot 1080p up to 1000 fps
Virtually eliminates rolling shutter
New design uses three layer design with Dynamic RAM (DRAM) to vastly increase the data speed of the sensor
SF-M32, M64 and M128 models
Nikon D800 series refreshes
D810 replacement could use the 46mp Sony sensor
Another D800 series camera could come with 70-80MP sensor
Will be placed above the A7rII
Tentatively called the A9
Will supposedly have very fast burst rate and AF speed
Canon EOS-M6 mirrorless photos leaked
Similar to M5, but no EVF
Expected to be announced this month before CP+ show
T6s and T6i replacements coming with updated 18-55mm kit lens
Also A question/Topic also I would like to hear if you guys could explain Hyperfocal Distance.
Shutter Speed 1/200
Pentax 18-225 kit lens focused at 21mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
DISCUSSION TOPIC: THE PERILS OF SHARING PHOTOS ONLINE
- Tyra Banks Steals Photos For Instagram
- On a freckle kick
- Taking and sharing multiple photographers’ photos WITHOUT credit
- One photographer reached out via Instagram DM (@visualdon), and received no reply
- Only wanted proper credit
- Audience stormed to Don’s support commenting to credit photographer
- Photo was deleted.
- Big pharma ad agency re-creates photo for huge ad campaign
- US Photographer Edward McGowan shot this photo in 2011
- Has seen multiple infringements on YouTube over the years
- Was alerted by a friend in Germany that his photo was being used for ads.
- Turns out it wasn’t his photo, but a VERY faithful recreation of his photo
- Not sure what (if anything) he’s going to do about it.
- Have you had one of your photos stolen before? If so, what did you do about it?
- If a high profile account shared one of your photos without asking you, but WITH proper credit, would you be okay with that?
- Do you copyright your images?
Powered by Facebook Comments